|Job title:||Digital Planner|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R35000 to R40000|
|Job published:||18 November 2021|
|Job reference no:||1883822856|
As a Strategic Digital Planner, you will be expected to support all digital media activities and marketing programs for the business to increase the digital advertising revenues and market share for your allocated clients/accounts. Your objectives include implementation and delivery of all digital campaigns including planning, reporting, compiling, and presenting insights, optimizations, and trafficking of all digital campaigns.
- Develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale.
- Develop and execute media plans.
- Manage to buy stewardship, analyze campaigns, and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance with insights.
- Assist in analysis of research to develop strategies and tactics with Digital Lead.
- Manage day-to-day plan changes and maintenance of media plans.
- Respond to competitive requests, and have an action plan for tactical opportunities.
- Ensure all elements of digital campaigns go live on time and are fulfilled to specifications.
- Verify campaign elements go live and communicate information to Digital Leads and Implementation Planners highlighting any shortcomings with creative elements, or issues with creative.
- Ensure applicable digital campaigns include retargeting segment pixels, post-click conversion pixels, and post-view conversion pixels, UTM Tracking codes with standard naming conventions.
- Track campaign fulfillment in status documents.
- Ensure digital campaigns are pacing properly via Sizmek (Mediamind) and verify all
elements are pacing on all campaigns they are assigned to 1X per week.
- Communicate any concerns on performance during their weekly pacing reviews/status.
- Deliver monthly campaign reports within 3 business days of month close.
- Participate in in-house training programs as well as attend, as necessary, seminars,
conferences, and workshops.
- Possess a complete understanding of product workflow to ensure on-time and accurate campaign delivery. Meet fulfillment deadlines, complete accurate reporting, submit CI’s to buyers, and complete PCA reporting in a timely manner.
- Create Insertion orders for billing setup.
- Proactive recommendations with regards to optimizations.
Requirements for Implementation Planning:
- Ensure all plans follow the 70/20/10 principle.
- All Media Schedules need to be sent out to clients containing chase lists within 48 hours after approval on the media strategy.
- All Chase lists requirements need to be sent to the creative agency on the day that the media schedule is completed.
- Planners need to achieve a minimum of a 35% discount off the rate card from media owners. This is an exception with biddable media placements.
- Implementation Planners need to set digital KPI’s/Benchmarks on every campaign to ensure the best results for clients.
- Planners need to ensure that all available tools (such as effective measures) are being used during the planning phase. These are used to justify our placements of media by fact and current market relevance for clients.
- Implementation Planners need to write 2 proactive/innovation strategies/plans annually for a client of their choice
- Once a quarter, the implementation planner needs to present back to the wider digital team their learnings across key campaigns to further educate other planners across tactics and best-performing digital placements/media owners.
Requirements for Campaign Management:
- Screenshots (Proof of fighting) need to be sent off to the client, copying all relevant parties within 24 hours of going live. 48 Hours for international clients.
- Creative Matrix needs to be accurate without containing any errors. This needs to be sent to the creative agency within 24 hours after being briefed into campaign management.
- Reporting needs to be done and sent to the client weekly unless otherwise stipulated by client
- Creative Q&A (quality assurance and creative issues) need to be checked within 4 hours of receiving the creative assets.
- Campaign Managers need to respond/acknowledge receipt of clients’ emails, within 3 hours of receiving communication.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Strong oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Being accountable for all outputs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), Sizmek, DFA (Double Click) & Google Business Applications (Email, Calendar, & Documents).
- Must be able to navigate through the Internet, use search engines, and have a familiarity with online advertising concepts such as Programmatic, RTB, banners, directories, email newsletters, SEM, SEO, PPC, Mobile advertising, social media, and other media opportunities.
- Experience with back-end tools for inventory assessment, and the ability to stay up-to-date with the industry, developments are essential for success in this role.
- Contribute to a positive, constructive, and can-do atmosphere to make the department and
company more effective.
- Staying on top of new media channels and platforms.
- Strong customer service skills
- Research and compile competitive data.
- Oversee and train junior staff to develop core competencies.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as with those outside the team
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Strong understanding of interactive digital tools; GWI, Synthesis.
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of Digital Media, including Search, SEO, SMM, Mobile etc.
- Basic understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Strong communication, project management and time management skills
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills
- Working until all deadlines are met